What to Expect During Your Bridal Appointment at Ella Park Bridal
“It’s the princess moment EVERY bride deserves.”
You have been waiting your entire life for this moment. He bent down on one knee and asked for your hand in marriage. Now you are ready to find the perfect dress. When you book your appointment at Ella Park Bridal, you will get the ultimate bridal experience. One of our bridal consultants will greet you and your guests and then take you to your private bridal suite. You will fill out a form so your Bridal Consultant will get a better sense of what you are looking for in your Dream Dress. She will then guide you through your appointment for the next 90 minutes, and hopefully by the end of your appointment, you will say, “Yes to the Dress.”
What to Consider Before Your Bridal Appointment
Purchasing your wedding dress is probably one of the most important decisions you will be make on your wedding day, and finding your dream dress is an once-in-a-lifetime experience. Here are ten things to consider before your bridal appointment:
- Know your venue and event date. Close your eyes and envision your wedding. Are you in a church? On a beach? Outdoors? Is it in the spring? Fall? You will want to consider all of things before arriving in the store. This will ensure your dress matches the formality of your wedding and the weight of the dress is not going to be an issue. The event date is also important to ensure your gown will arrive in plenty of time.
- Set a budget. You really have to be honest with yourself, your family, and your fiancé(e) and determine how much you’re able to spend on the dress — before you make your appointment. There is nothing worse than falling in love with a gown that you cannot afford.
- Are you wanting something fitted or with volume? Shopping for your wedding dress can be a little overwhelming with a lot of new lingo. DO NOT fret. You do not have to memorize anything in order to start shopping for your dream dress. Your bridal consultant will be able to help you with the silhouette you are looking for. Want to learn more about different silhouette types? Click here to view our blog.
- What color are you looking for–white, ivory, or a color? The same dress style can look quite different in various colors. White is a very traditional color, but more brides are actually choosing a more softer color, like ivory, or in a color, like blush and champagne. Does your fiancé(e) have a preference?
- What is the most important feature of your gown? Do you want a gorgeous back? Straps? Long train? This will be important to know so the bridal consultant can assist you in finding the perfect gown.
- Be aware of traditions or religious guidelines that may influence how your gown should look. Different pastors, clergy or officiates of weddings in various religious and/or ethnic backgrounds require that your head, legs or shoulders be covered. It is best to check with your ceremony officiate to find out if he/she has any guidelines that may need to be considered before you buy your gown.
- Accept help from our knowledgeable and professional bridal consultants. The more you talk about what you like and dislike about a gown will give your consultant a better idea of what you want. She has seen gowns on many women in various shapes and sizes and will be able to recommend a dress that will look great on your body. Let her opinion guide you to considering some shapes or styles you might never have imagined wearing. However, your consultant should make you feel comfortable and free to express your own opinion.
- Complete your look by “Getting Jacked Up.” We have all seen “Say Yes to the Dress.” Once you have found your gown, your bridal consultant can add the veil and jewelry that can bring the entire look together.
- Do NOT fret about the size. Most people will find that their recommended dress size is one to two sizes larger than what they normally wear. Do not fixate on the actual size but instead on how your measurements compare to the designer’s size chart. Your bridal consultant will recommend a size based on your designer’s size chart. Your measurements may not line up perfectly with one particular size so we will recommend a size to fit your largest measurement. Remember it cost less to take a dress down a couple sizes than taking it up if it does not fit.
- Remember you will typically need SOME alterations when your dress comes in. Most people do NOT fit the exact proportions as the designer’s size chart. Most wedding dresses will need some alterations to fit your body perfectly. Please note you are not obligated to do alterations with us. Alterations is NOT included in the price of the gown.
Our Recommendations For Your Bridal Appointment
We have developed the following list of eight things you should bring to your bridal appointment. Please be assured this list was prepared with your comfort in mind and to give you the best experience at Ella Park Bridal.
- Appropriate underwear as your bridal consultant will be assisting you in the dressing room.
- Undergarments if you plan on wearing them during on your wedding day. We believe “less is more” that day as our gowns have cups already inserted in the gown. If you are wanting anything more, bring them as they can alter the fit of the dress.
- Anything you have decided to wear because it has sentimental value (i.e. pair of shoes, veil, jewelry). You will want it to match your dress.
- Shoes with approximate heel height that you know you will want to wear that day. Some of our designers can make the dress in the height that you want. They do not have to be actual shoes but just like the heel height.
- Wear just enough makeup to make you feel pretty–but do not go overboard. Remember you will be slipping in and out of dresses so you do not want to get it on them.
- Hair tie if you are planning an up-do.
- Pin your favorite gowns to help the Consultant get a better idea of what you are looking for. Ella Park Bridal has a Pinterest page so you can see all the gowns we have in the store. This way you can pin now and try on during your appointment.
- Closest and most-trusted family and friends. We offer seating enough for four people in your bridal suite. Remember that the final dress decision is yours and too many guests can cause confusion.